Sunday, November 2, 2008

100 Reasons Not to Vote Obama (with Citations)

Today as we head toward the election, Father West says it better than I can, so I'll let him do my talking for me. Thank you to the friend who directed me toward this wonderfully comprehensive list. I think that almost any one of these issues is reason enough to vote McPalin, but there is surely something for everyone.

A quick word regarding the polls, as I sit here watching the Today show on a Sunday morning. In swing states, all of the poll numbers are well within the margin of error (although try and find the margin of error on the NBC graphic; you might need very strong reading glasses). Silly ol' me with a Ph.D. in Political Science looks at these poll numbers and sees that the margin of error is close, and that there are huge numbers of undecided voters. Ignorant fool that I am, I assume that this means that these states could go either way, and that it will be a long night on Tuesday. Thank God I have Tom Brokaw to correct my foolish, little girl assumptions! He has just informed me (in real time) that what these numbers *really* mean is that Obama is leading in these states, since we know that Democrats will definitely vote Democratic, and that undecided Republicans and Independents are currently weighing whether or not they can cast an Obama vote. (Naturally it's not even conceivable that they could be weighing a *McCain vote). Finally, when speaking of early voting, Brokaw concludes that the assumption is that it is the Obama supporters who are voting early, so early voting will also help the Obama vote. Gee. I'm really glad that wasn't me standing in line to vote early - for McCain.

It's really good to know that we don't have a biased media. I loved watching Tim Russert. He truly was a man for others, and he hid his political stripes well. He asked hard but fair questions, and I always learned something from him. He radiated kindness and intelligence. I won't watch Meet the Press since he died (Requiescat in Pace). Brokaw may just as well wear a T-shirt that says "Obama '08". He couldn't feign impartiality if his life depended on it, and NBC should be ashamed to let him sit in Russert's seat.

Now for Fr. West's list: http://frwest.blogspot.com/2008/09/more-than-100-reasons-to-vote-against.html

1 comment:

Joseph said...

I think (pray) the race is much closer than we know. I heard Dick Morris say Republicans do poorly over the weekend, because they are taking the kids to soccer, etc.. Thanks for your post, I find myself watching the MSM at times. . .DH will come in and ask"why are you watching THIS?". I think I am in such disbelief at the obvious double standards by the MSM it is actually amusing on some level! It makes me constantly wonder what the polls look like without the media bias.