Monday, November 3, 2008

The Day Before


I have many thoughts this morning. I have to wonder if McCain can pull it off. I have nothing but disgust for NBC and the way that they have covered this entire election. Can you just imagine the way they would cover an Obama presidency? Oh, yes, we can have confidence that his every move would be closely scruitinized. Rest easy, Obamerican public...the media is on the case.


You know, I know I'm not allowed to say this, but I just have to wonder if Obama would be so revered, dare I say deified, if his politics were dropped into - oh, I don't know - an old white guy? If he looked like Strom Thurmond, would there be the groundswell of support? Would Bruce Springsteen be singing at his rallies? Would all of Hollywood be kissing his ring? Or would the media be suggesting that his politics are out of touch with mainstream America? That perhaps being the most liberal Senator is not something that best serves the average American, since the average American is not so far left of center as to be falling off of the edge of the line. How about Mrs. Obama? If she were not a young, attractive, black woman, would she be feted as some sort of celebrity? Would this hotel receipt be completely ignored by the mainstream media? If she looked like Nancy Reagan, I somehow don't think so. Again, I think she would be vilified as being out of touch with the mainstream American. Most Americans have never eaten lobster. I have never eaten lobster. Most Americans have never paid over $400.00 for a meal. I have never even paid $100.00 for a meal, and I have four children. Somehow, though, no one has accused Mrs. Obama of being an elitist, or of being out of touch. I just don't understand this election at all. Aren't the *Republicans* supposed to be the big spending, out of touch elitists?? Aren't the blue-collar, low-income, blue-staters supposed to revile their out-of-touch politics? Why on earth is SARAH PALIN the one who is so loathed by Democrats? She is more real than anyone in the campaign!
Sigh. Just one more sign that our country has gone end-over-end (it's a family friendly blog...I'm actually thinking of a phrase that requires the insertion of body parts here). What used to be down is now up, and nothing makes any sense anymore. I will spend the day praying for our country and for our unborn. As I have said, I know that our country can withstand an Obama presidency. Our founders were smarter than him, by quite a bit. I fear for what we will all endure in the short term, though.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

$150.00 for "Iranian Osetra Caviar". I think if you even know what this is you are "out of touch". . .Keep praying. . .

WS said...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1029-03.htm

I think the reason no one bats an eye at a $400 meal is that everyone involved, the reporters, John McCain, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Barack Obama, Tom Brokaw, etc. have eaten of that price and think nothing of it. These are the same people who get $400 haircuts (John Edwards), spend $5000 on make-up (John McCain), or blow hundreds of thousands dollars on clothes (Sarah Palin and Cindy McCain). I think these things are overblown, esp. in a world where people have $10,000/plate fundraising dinners.