Monday, November 17, 2008

A Great Attitude...I Hope I Can Live Up to It

I'm back from vacation, and ready to hit the ground running. Since the holidays are my least favorite time of the year (let's just say that I bought the Grumpy t-shirt on my vacation with my little ones), I don't plan to take any time off over the next month. Still, I found this in my inbox when I returned, and it reflects some of the attitude that I feel regarding life in Obamerica. I say *some* of the attitude, since I fear that I lack some of the author's maturity. I still think it makes for thoughtful reading, though, and I certainly do not plan to react to an Obama presidency the way that the Democrats responded to W's. Incidentally, I plan to write President Bush a thank you letter for his years of service to our country. The address is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, if you would like to join me...

http://insidecatholic.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4838&Itemid=48

2 comments:

Laura O in AK said...

Glad to see you are back and thanks for sharing that link. I agree that we shouldn't be petty and take an anti-Obama stance before he's even had time to warrant it. But, like some of the comments there I find it hard to swallow the way some Catholics find his pro-death ideas tolerable just because they think he can cure the economy woes.

Also, living in the Wilmington Diocese where our VP-elect resides, I am appalled that the Bishop isn't taking a firmer stand on his status in the Church. I'm all for being diplomatic to work together, but should he be going up to receive Communion saying his personal beliefs are Catholic while his voting record is NOT.

Anyways, I'm sure this blog will be a lifeline of sanity for me as we enter this new era in America. Gotta love the soon to be USSA!

Sahmatwork said...

Hi there, thanks for your note, I really appreciate it, wanted to leave comment on your other blog, but it wouldn't let me do word verification for some reason. I too studied Poly Sci, but haven't written much on it as of late. I became follower of your other blog,...hum I think I did, I got an error message, ugh. Looks like quite a few similarities....are you on a parallel universe? haha Keep up the bloggin', I am always looking for good educational material for the home! Thanks again! ~sahmatwork